What is Family Child Care?
Family Child Care is a home-based service where childcare is provided in the caregiver’s home. It is the most preferred type of care for young children, especially infants and toddlers. The home must be licensed or registered according to county and state laws. The children are in a mixed age group with a low adult to child ratio. Care can be more personalized and individual.
Many family childcare homes provide high quality programs for preschoolers, Pre-Kindergarten, school age, and children with special needs. Family childcare is “home-away-from-home” personalized professional childcare.
What Family Child Care Offers…
- Convenient Neighborhood Care close to home or work
- Cozy Homelike Environment Natural learning setting
- One Consistent Caregiver Stability all day, every day, for years…
- Low Provider to Child Ratio 1:4 infants, 1:6 preschool
- Security: All household adults and subs have cleared FBI, state, and local background checks and meet specific training and home safety requirements
- Flexibility of hours : To Choose child care hourly or daily or Drop in as needed
- Non Traditional Hours: Care for Evening, Weekend, Holiday,
- Personal Communication Daily between provider & parent
- Family Support Nurtures family concepts, experiences and values
- Caring Relationships Between provider, child and parent/family
- Inclusion For a variety of special needs care
- Allows siblings to be cared for together
- School Readiness Skills Enrichment activities and educational learning experiences
- Pre-school education program preparing 4-year-olds to enter school ready and eager to learn!