Proud Participant in Delaware Stars
Happy Times is part of Delaware Stars for Early Success, the state’s quality rating and improvement system for early childhood programs. Happy Times was honored for achieving Star Level 4 in July 2013. Our goal is to achieve Star Level 5 by Winter 2014.
As a DE Stars, we are conferred upon early childhood programs that demonstrate increasingly higher standards in four areas known to impact children and their families: learning environment and curriculum, professional development of staff, family engagement and program management.
Mrs. Mallick, provider of Happy Times Learning Center, has a degree in Child Development and Nursery School Education with 25 years of teaching experience.
She is Delaware Licensed, CPR and First Aid Certified.
She is passionate about teaching and uses innovating and creative ways to teach! She is also a mother of three with two beautiful grandsons!
We offer Montessori style preschool program and kindergarten readiness curriculum based on Delaware Department of Education Standard.
Our weekly themes are focused on the age and interest level of the children with “World at their finger tips approach” and creative learning environment in order to develop children’s language, cognitive, social and emotional skills.
At Happy Times age appropriate learning activities and materials are offered throughout the day and surplus art, writing and reading material is offered on daily basis.
Other unique features to choose Happy Times are:
- DE 4 Stars program
- High Scope and Montessori inspired curriculum
- Exciting, safe and nurturing environment for children
- Small group size with one teacher for six to nine children
- Journals with recording of children’s weekly activities and experiences for parents
- Age-Appropriate science experiments, projects, arts and crafts
- Hands – on creative learning experiences and cooking activities
- Learning Stations such as Art Smart, Science Rocks, Math Counts, Language Works, Handwriting without Tears, Sensory Explorations, Computer, and Dramatic Play
- Large and small motor experiences, Yoga sessions, Out and Indoor activities
- Bi-Annual parent-teacher conferences
- Community-service projects
- Homework time, computer access for school-age children
- Healthy meals are provided
- Affordable tuition rates
- Accepts P.O.C